Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nothing more frustrating than limbo.

Right now I'm in the process of moving some music to Lola, my netbook. It was supposed to be a cinch, but my external harddrive decided it doesn't like Lola, so now I am moving them through my 1 GB flashdrive, which is much more tedious than I was anticipating. I can't find my 4 GB flashdrive, which just makes this job take four times longer. Only a few days now, and I'm at the point where I kind of want to stay home. Not that I don't to go too, but home is safer and less scary, and I love my parents. I've been bouncing from excited to nervous for the past month, but I'm one to get supremely anxious and then settle once the situation is set upon me.

So, expectations (all my posts sound better when I'm thinking about them than when I'm actually writing them). I was looking through flickr for some photos from Viet Nam last week and here are a few of my favorites.




[All photos are linked back to the original.]

I'm excited for good food and amazing fruits, new people and locations, challenging and stretching my comfort levels, and the unexpected.

I fret the "invisible foreigner syndrome" (since I know Vietnamese and was warned I will often be assumed a guide/interpreter), other people's expectations of me (especially in the language department, where I know I fall short).

I'm in the process of dealing with an expired license (I renewed mine this week, but forgot how long it took to get a permanent replacement!) and packing situation. Right now the plan is to bring my huge backpack/suitcase and a suitcase/carry-on. I could fit everything in my backpack/suitcase, which would leave me with nothing on the plane (horrible idea), so I will just have a lot of extra space for the trip back (even though I know I'm overpacking). It seems a little cumbersome, but the carry-on is very light and the huge backpack/suitcase can go on my back. Easy peasy. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment